Since most of us haven’t won that elusive jackpot yet (trust me, I’ve been trying) we continue to work for a living. It’s a job to some, career to others, yet a place we all go to to earn money (on average 5 days a week) so that we can enjoy the rest of our lives.
Considering how much time one spends at their place of employment it really ought to be an enjoyable and rewarding experience, don’t you think? Financial aspect is definitely an important factor when accepting a job offer, but what else is of importance while making that decision? I personally value the following items (in no particular order) and believe that these components complementing each other create that enjoyable and rewarding work environment.
- Respect and acknowledgment
- Friendly and knowledgeable co-workers
- Knowledgeable, open and enabling management
- Opportunity to have an impact
- Ability to learn, grow and advance
- Flexibility and accountability
What else should one look for in search for that ultimate balance and desirable quality of life?